The Registrars of Voters are responsible for conducting elections, primaries and special elections and maintaining accurate voter records. Other activities include canvassing and registering voters, and having special voting sessions.
- Kevin T. McCarthy (D)
- Sue A. Cowen (R)
- Lauren Olson (D)
- Mary Ann Simpson (R)
Contact Registrars of Voters:
Mandatory Voter Registration Dates for the Presidential Election 2016
- November 1, 2016 – This is the final day to register to vote for the November 8th Presidential election. Applicants must appear in person between 9 AM and 8 PM. Please bring an ID and proof of Ashford residency.
- November 1, 2016 – all mail-in registration applications must be received by or be postmarked by this date, for the applicant to be entitled to vote in the election. Also, the deadline for On-Line Voter Registration is this day.
- November 7, 2016 9 AM-5 PM – The Registrars of Voters will hold a limited registration session. This session is to admit those seeking to vote whose qualifications as to age, citizenship, or residence was attained since November 1, 2016. Please bring an ID and proof of Ashford residency.
- November 8, 2016 6 AM-8 PM – The Presidential Election for Ashford residents will be held at Knowlton Memorial Hall, 25 Pompey Hollow Rd, Ashford. Please be prepared to show ID.
To Register to Vote:
- Visit the Town Clerk’s Office during regular office hours.
- Visit the Registrars of Voters Office during the above listed hours, or Wednesday evenings from 7 PM – 9 PM.
- Visit the State of CT Voter registration site by clicking here.
Applications for absentee ballots are available in the Town Clerks office, or may be downloaded from the Secretary of States office by clicking here. The Town Clerk may fax an appliation to the applicant and the applicant may fax an application to the Town Clerk, but CT law does not allow for faxing of the actual Absentee Ballot. The application containing the original signature of the applicant must be received by the Town Clerk’s office (either separately or with the Absentee Ballot) by the close of the polls, or the ballot shall not be counted. Because of time constraints, completed and signed applications may be hand-carried to the Town Clerk, but the Absentee Ballot will be mailed to the applicant (be sure to check the box “To be Mailed to Me”). Applications may be receive at any time; each type of ballot will be issued as soon as it is available. Mail applications to: Ashford Town Clerk, 5 Town Hall Rd., Ashford, CT 06278.
Regular Full Ballot:
Registered electors unable to vote in person because: a) military service, b) out-of-town, c) illness, d) physical disability, e) religious beliefs, f) service as an election official in a polling place other than his own. An application for an Absentee Ballot must be completed and signed by the applicant and given to the Ashford Town Clerk. Ballot available 10/7/2016.
Official Blank Absentee Ballot:
Registered electors temporarily living (or expecting to be traveling) overseas, and all servicemen, spouses and dependents, whether living within or outside U.S. Ballot available 9/24/2016.
Not registered, citizens, 18 years old, residing outside U.S. Must be former resident of Connecticut town immediately prior to moving outside U.S. Ballot available 9/24/2016.
Former resident who has moved within 30 days prior to election to another location after new location’s cut-off date. Ballot available 9/24/16.